The Hotel Association of Canada Announces the 2017 Board of Directors
OTTAWA, ON, FEBRUARY 17, 2017 -The Hotel Association of Canada (HAC), the national association representing the 8,178 hotels, motels and resorts that encompass the $18.4 billion Canadian lodging industry, today announced its 2017 Board of Directors.
As incoming Chair, Vito Curalli, CHA, MBA, Executive Director Canada,Latin America & International Sales for Hilton Worldwide has commenced his two year term effective as of the Association's Annual General Meeting held in Toronto on Wednesday February 15, 2017.
In his role as Executive Director of Sales for Canada, Latin America and the International Sales offices in the Americas, Vito oversees several teams with responsibilities for over $350 Million in revenue to the organization. Prior to joining Hilton Worldwide, Vito was the Vice President of Development for AFM Hospitality based in Toronto, overseeing a team of franchise development managers throughout Canada.
Ten board members will serve as corporate representatives of the HAC Board of Directors. They include:
- Robert Pratt - President, ONE Hospitality Group
- Irwin M. Prince - President & COO, Realstar Hospitality
- Satinder Dhillon - Senior Vice President, Operations, Westmont Hospitality Group
- Marc Staniloff - President & CEO, Superior Lodging Corp.
- Brian Leon - Managing Director, Franchise Performance, Choice Hotels Canada Inc.
- Tyler MacDonald - Director, Hotels, Oxford Properties Group
- Jonathan Lund - Regional Vice President, IHG
- Martin Stitt - Area Vice President, Western Canada, Marriott Hotels of Canada
- Neil Hornsby - Director, Marketing & Strategic Partnerships, Best Western Hotels & Resorts
- Philippe Gadbois - Senior Vice President, Operations, Atlific Hotels
- They are joined at the HAC board table by ten Provincial Hotel Association representatives including:
- James Chase - CEO, British Columbia Hotel Association
- David Kaiser - President & CEO, Alberta Hotel & Lodging Association
- Scott Jocelyn - President & CEO, Manitoba Hotel Association
- Jim Bence - President & CEO, Saskatchewan Hotel & Hospitality Association
- Tony Elenis - President & CEO, Ontario Restaurant, Hotel & Motel Association
- Xavier Gret - General Manager, Association des Hoteliers du Quebec
- Christine Neate - Representative, New Brunswick Tourism Association
- Jeff Ransome - President, Hotel Association of Nova Scotia
- Larry Laite - President, Hotel & Motel Association of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Craig Jones - President, Hotel Association of Prince Edward Island
"I am thrilled to welcome these top industry leaders to the HAC Board of Directors," said Susie Grynol, President, HAC. "The election of these outstanding individuals validates our mission to tackle the important issues facing the industry."
The HAC board meets four times yearly to discuss a broad range of industry and association-related issues. The 2017 Board of Directors was appointed by the HAC Nominating Committee in accordance with HAC Bylaws.
About The Hotel Association of Canada
The Hotel Association of Canada is the effective voice of the Canadian Hotel & Lodging industry. For over 100 years, it has worked to enhance the prosperity of the Canadian Hotel and Lodging Industry through strong member engagement, effective advocacy, and the provision of value added programs and services. The Hotel Association represents more than 8,178 hotels, motels and resorts that encompass the $18.4 billion Canadian hotel industry which employs 304,000 people across Canada.