The Store Manager, under the general supervision of the Regional Manager, is responsible for the management of a major retail operation, by providing leadership and direction, controlling costs and maximizing revenue through the achievement of sales targets. Responsibilities include providing excellent customer service and education to the public. The Manager is responsible for developing and implementing operational plans, developing annual store budgets, controlling employment costs, and analyzing reports. The Manager is expected to contribute to establish and improve the store's image through the implementation and maintenance of policies. The Manager is responsible for the hiring, training and development of staff, scheduling assignments, participating as required in all store duties as well as handling labour relations issues for the work unit.
Recent related work experience must include:
• Supervisory experience in positions with operational management.
• Leading, directing, managing and training an operational team within a retail operation.
• Leading operational changes to achieve business operations and improve profitability.
• Leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
• Relationship management with key stakeholders including customer and/or clients.
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
• Experience working in a government or regulatory environment, preferred.
• Working knowledge of a computerized retail system, including Point of Sale and Inventory Management applications.
• Current external business environment conditions which have an impact on the LDB business: retail trends, consumer preferences, etc.
• Financial management, human resource management.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills.
• Strong leadership, change management and communication skills.
• Excellent issues management.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with internal and external customers and/or clients.
• Ability to lead the development and implementation of operational policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Ability to lead, direct and develop a team effectively.
An Enhanced Security Screening check is required