- Developing standards of service and ensuring that these standards are consistently met for each guest.
- Recruiting, hiring, training, coaching and motivating all front-line teammates
- Make weekly schedules and forecasts of payroll.
- Lead by example and reinforce the core values and policies on a daily basis
- Build and nurture professional relationships with guests, employees, leadership, BOH, suppliers/vendors, industry peers and partners.
- Embrace, engage, and follow through on all feedback.
- Ensure complete and timely execution of corporate & local marketing programs.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, specials, liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in the restaurant/bar.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by federal/provincial liquor regulations.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment
- Support overall operations of the restaurant with clarity, consistency, fairness and integrity.
- Perform cash and inventory reconciliation and order supplies as necessary.
- Prior demonstrable experience at management level in a restaurant / pub / lounge environment
- Knowledge of appropriate statutory regulations and guiding principles including but not limited to Liquor Act, Occupational Health & Safety, Employment Standards, local bylaws governing live entertainment venues
- Comfort with financial data, including budgets, statements and forecasting, and awareness of best practice cash handling, cost of goods and labour expenditure
- Possesses a coaching mindset, participates in and fosters continuous learning and a feedback culture
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and resolve patron issues in a professional, consistent manner
- Passion for customer service and working collaboratively to provide a first-class guest experience, enjoys the venue environment and culture
- Strong administrative skills, awareness of drivers of cost / revenue
- Works collaboratively and invests time and effort in ongoing staff development
- Interest in cocktails, wine, beer and food trends appropriate to venue and client profile
- Candidate must have experience in local restaurant branding, knowledge of booking local bands , DJs and entertainments is plus