- Manage project life cycle from ideation, requirements gathering and writing, to testing and release management in an Agile environment.
- Leverage data to improve the online consumer and multichannel experience.
- Maintain a prioritized feature backlog based on business value ROI, alignment with Product Strategy, and resource capacity.
- Gather, research, and define requirements from business owners and translate business needs into solutions/system design.
- Represent the business needs and requirements to drive feature implementation & development through collaboration with Business Stakeholders, UX/UI, and IT delivery teams.
- Build and leverage solid working relationships with business and product stakeholders. Inspire and guide the organization toward product feature implementation.
- Identify and adjust customer facing features, according to changing business environments to ensure highest impact.
- Measure ongoing impacts of delivered processes, features and capabilities to enhance future iterations and enable a true omni-channel experience.
- Drive the strategy and planning process with the cross functional Agile teams, ensuring both total store goals and online goals are clearly planned, aligned and executed. Work to ensure communication back to the total business is upheld.
- Work with internal and external providers to ensure all necessary technical upgrades, changes and new functionality is scoped, on track and delivered according to the deliverable timeline.
- Work closely with all companies digital properties on daily execution and process improvement initiatives.
- Participate in the development of business cases for the adoption of new web technologies and applications to support product expansion online and offline.
- 3+ years of direct ecommerce experience, with a solid understanding of user experience, site operations, promotions, merchandising, brand positioning and business development associated with a top 50 online retailer with preference given to furniture/appliance retail.
- 2-3 years’ experience as a product owner or managing a product backlog within an Agile framework.
- Experience using JIRA, Azure DevOps or equivalate (an asset).
- Experience with Project Management (an asset).
- Experience with eCommerce platforms e.g. Shopify Plus, Magento or equivalate (an asset).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Project design and/or management skills.
- Negotiation and relationship building skills.