- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Responsible for ordering food products according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are received in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures including checking and maintaining proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Work with restaurant managers to plan and price menu items. Establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipe cards for all new menu items.
- Have 3+ years’ experience as Kitchen Manager or Chef ready to take the lead in a high-volume, full-service restaurant
- High-energy, positive leader with good communication skills
- Have a solid understanding of kitchen operations
- Demonstrates a genuine enthusiasm and warmth towards the Guest and attitude of Service.
- Is self-motivated and competitive.
- Has the ability to supervise, coach, develop, lead & motivate employees.
- Can establish, maintain, and enforce consistently high-performance standards.
- Ability to listen effectively, process information quickly, and transfer knowledge to others to ensure standards of quality are met consistently.
- Can provide employees with the orientation and training needed to understand expectations and perform job responsibilities
- Proficient and cross-trained in all kitchen job stations, positions and cooking skills
- Servsafe Food Certification and or equivalent
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50lbs and working on feet for at least 8 hours