- Fosters and drives team member engagement through the management of HR programs, policies, and initiatives, including WCB, Disability and HR related training, reports and follow up.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention, and reduce turnover.
- Provides Employee Relations support including the interpretation of human resource policies and procedures as they relate to team members and Company objectives.
- Counsel management and resolve employee relations and performance management issues in the day-to-day. If required, conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations and providing recommendations for conflict/issue resolution.
- Promotes Health and Safety by ensuring compliance, partnering with operational management to implement a solution when a concern is brought up and administering training completion across locations. Liaise with regulatory authorities.
- Build, own, and execute recruitment strategies to find talented team members to support ongoing requirements and new store growth.
- Manages the administration of Human Resource programs including Analyze trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Leading change and accompanying management through it.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides input and advice on budget preparation as well as managing activities to ensure that the HR department is on track with the established guidelines.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement of the HR function leading to the enhancement of the team member value proposition of the brands.
- Post-secondary degree in business or human resource management, with 5+ years Human Resources experience in an advisory or management capacity or equivalent combination is required.
- Knowledge of current HR policies & practices including knowledge of employment laws.
- CPHR designation or working towards the designation.
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and ability to learn in-house computer programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Adaptable and ready to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and effective problem solver.
- Demonstrates the Company’s core, leadership values, and competencies.