The Health & Wellness Manager enables each resident to attain or maintain the highest practical physical, mental, and social well-being. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to; overall well being of residents, medication supervision, hiring, supervising and training of Team Members; communication and interaction with all resident support services and families; quality assurance and regulatory compliance with Alberta Health Services (AHS). The Health & Wellness Manager completes any required training and becomes knowledgeable while embracing company philosophy, principles of service, policies and procedures and provincial regulations.
The Health & Wellness Manager will lead by example and have finesse during stressful situations like emergencies, traumatic events and tragic illnesses. The team is expected to be more alert, calm and cautious. All duties will be performed responsibly and with utmost care and precision. Mental steadiness and stability is a requisite in this role.
- Networking within community: regularly contacts the Canmore hospital and other medical professional organizations.
- Develop a working knowledge of provincial regulations, policies and procedures dictated for residents and ensure compliance with AHS.
- Develops, maintains, and implements health services protocols and procedures that conform to company standards of nursing practice, philosophy, and operational policies while maintaining compliance with AHS.
- Communicates and interprets policies and procedures to Team Members, and monitors Team member’s practices and implementation.
- Coordinate provision of provincial-required training programs with General Manager and Corporate office.
- Participates in all admission decisions, and may visit prospective residents before admission working with the Leasing Coordinator.
- Participates in daily or weekly management team meetings to discuss resident status, census changes, nutritional needs, or resident complaints or concerns.
- Assist in counseling residents and family members during transitional periods with completing resident assessment requirements.
- Obtain updates on residents’ condition when residents are in hospital.
- Performs rounds to observe care and to consult with team members, residents and families. Ensures regular monitoring of morning star residents; medication, progress notes, charting if applicable, oversee resident care to ensure all documentation is completed and maintained for each resident.
- Exercises overall supervision of resident assessments and care plans.
- Contact family members as appropriate; resident illness, change in condition, incidents.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of Health Services Team and assures sufficient staffing levels. Complete Staff schedule as budgeted. Ensure staffing schedule meets with funding accountabilities ensuring no shortages or overages in hours occur. Monitor staff absences and agency usage daily/weekly. Schedule to occupancy where appropriate. Payroll remittance bi-weekly.
- Oversee medication assistance program to ensure compliance with protocol procedures.
- Monitors team for compliance with OH&S mandates and Community policies on workplace safety. Proactively develops procedures and incentives to promote workplace safety and safe work practices.
- Establishes, implements, and monitors the infection control program designed to provide a safe, sanitary, and comfortable environment designed to prevent the development and transmission of disease and infection.
- Completes 90 day appraisals and subsequent reviews for wellness department and direct reports. Implements discipline according to operational policies.
- Promotes customer service and hospitality and responds to and adequately resolves complaints or concerns from residents or families about health services.
- Ensures completion and maintenance of all required employee paperwork.
- Able to work flexible hours and be available to respond during off-duty hours to community problems and emergencies.
- Current License as a professional registered nurse, RPN, LPN
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Senior Housing Health Care operations
- A working knowledge of provincial regulations, policies and procedures dictated for residents and ensure compliance
- Exceptional organizational and management skills
Our client considers their team members as an integral part of their community. They create exceptional places for you to work and for their residents to live. As an employer, they put an emphasis on creating a healthy work environment and culture where you are fulfilled – which means better care for their residents. Each of their communities offer unique programs and initiatives to help team members grow and be fulfilled in their role. In addition to these programs, they created an online interactive platform to connect their team members and provide a sense of belonging.
If you are a team player, great with people, love to work in a fun and rewarding environment, then we would like to hear from you.