How You Will Achieve Excellence:
- Contributing as an engaged leader by participation in meetings, community gatherings, people events, social committees and surveys throughout the year.
- Empowered to develop and maintain positive working relationships and communication with all Stakeholders; building working relationships that support collaboration to help the organization to reach its goals.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Communication within their area and from their area supports all of the organization's core values. Ability to listen and ask the right questions; fostering open dialogue within their teams and work groups. Meetings are structured, programed and timely.
- Delivering regular, effective coaching to all team members to ensure their development and organizational goals
- Acts and behaves in a manner that is aligned with the Organization’s Core Values and as team member realizes they are held to a high standard by all stakeholders. Takes on other job related tasks as assigned.
- Presenting self as a brand ambassador at every opportunity by making a professional first impression. They and their people are seen as ambassadors for the organization; from the way they present themselves to the quality of their job and organizational knowledge.
- Engages team members to deliver picture perfect results in all rooms and public areas, owning the hotels guest service and employee experience by monitoring and addressing the cleanliness and readiness of all public areas and departments as outlined in the Quarterly Quality Assessment template.
- Leads the preventative maintenance, health and safety and emergency programs of the hotel ensuring organizational standards and policies are being adhered to at all times.
- Analysing GSS scores as they relate to “Guest Room Cleanliness”, “People”, and “Front Desk” to identify areas of the hotel that require additional training and support and recognizes and celebrates any centres of excellences and best practices. Working with your people to set goals that challenge each Front Desk and Clean Team members to be better each and every month.
- Oversees all accounts receivable and payables processes to ensure organizational standards are adhered to ensure expedient collection and payment through Corporate Office. Ensures all required daily/weekly/monthly tasks around financial balancing, banking and reporting are completed according to organizational standards.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are two skills that you must possess. You need the ability to get results through others, to think ahead, to organize and manage multiple team members, manage guest satisfaction, develop and deploy new standards, effectively forecast demand and set priorities around staffing, spending and organizational goals.
- Ownership of all sales activities for the hotel, working in conjunction with the Corporate Sales Team and Director of Revenue Optimization to set OTA and yield strategies for the hotel
- Supports in full the training process for the Front Desk Team and the Clean Team. Using all tools at your disposal including Pomeroy Pathways. Sets goals with their people and talks about them often.
- Perceived as a person that leads by example; a role the sleeves up individual that is able to get their team's commitment. Is a community champion; networking and building rapport with key community players leaving no stone unturned when it comes to prospecting new business.
- Seizes every opportunity to improve personal learning that will allow you to grow in your position.
- Responsible for leading all recruitment in the hotel, able to make staffing changes hiring the right people to fill the right positions, ensuring organizational orientation and hiring practices are executed properly.
- Creates business plans and budgets for their area that support the overall financial goals of the organization. Reviews financial outcomes monthly and makes adjustments to close gaps to budget or optimize budgetary surpluses, communicating results through the monthly Executive commentary
- Collaborating within the Operations Team in tackling Corporate Strategies and executing assigned tactics in a thorough and timely manner. Must be a goal setter and a vigorous champion or active team member as required. Can be counted on with little or no oversight to execute agreed and assigned tactics in a timely manner.
- Problem Solving is a daily occurrence; in your senior leadership position you must have the experience, confidence and interpersonal skills to remove operational or service road blocks and the ability to minimalize and resolve interpersonal conflict with peers. You must be able to identify problems, gather relevant information, develop alternatives, select best alternative, implement, measure and evaluate.
- Connects in a meaningful way with their people; understands that their people are their customers and does not fail to keep promises. Provides their people with the resources, direction and coaching required for their success. Provides regular feedback through twice annual performance reviews.
- Conduit and Liaison between Pomeroy Pathway participants and People & Culture; working to ensure training plans are being worked on and providing mentoring and coaching as required in support of the participants success and growth. Their people know what success looks like.
- Fostering open communication with all their people ensuring all departments have structured communication, goal setting and procedural meetings according to organizational standards. Further making use of these meetings to celebrate individual and group successes
- Proactively manages conflict ensuring their team is high functioning. Personality conflicts are actively managed; not allowing personal differences to undermine collaboration within their work area and across the organization.
- Speaks with candor one-on-one or in a group. Is recognized as not always pushing their own agenda. Resilient and looks inwardly for solutions when under stress; displaying a positive can-do attitude at all times. Brings forward not only hard truths but also potential solutions.
- Actively seeking out feedback on your performance and expecting your Manager to be able to provide you with the coaching and mentoring you need to be successful and progress your career.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Hotel Management
- Post-Secondary education or Tourism related degree
- Excellent listening, comprehension and communication skills required
- Ability to train one-on-one and in group settings
- Strong leadership skills essential
- Excellent eye for quality, cleanliness and detail
- Ability to multi-task, produce accurate work against hard deadlines
Our client is the leader in hospitality in Western Canada, and was voted one of Canada’s Top 50 Employers for 2012. They offer great benefits to employees such as extended health care for full-time staff, annual awards for top performers, team competitions, and activities at each property.