- Supervise development of and revision to business plan, annual budget and annual and monthly forecasts, etc. Formulate complex reports. Communicate with the public, staff, corporate office and owners.
- Interview, hire supervise and counsel department managers in the efficient operation of their respective area(s). Meet with, develop and delegate improvement plans for operation and review performance of management team.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and approve discipline.
- Participate in community affairs and maintain positive public image for the company and hotels. Meet with potential and current clients and promote the hotels.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Physically tour and visually inspect properties on a daily basis. Monitor cost control, property condition, cleanliness and quality of product and service throughout hotel. Greet and maintain rapport with associates and customers.
- Travel to attend corporate meetings, sales trips and serve on committees such as Research, Development and Standards committee.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a full service hotel environment.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
- Upscale restaurant and sales & catering experience an asset.
- Working knowledge of front of house and housekeeping operations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.