to the Finance Operations Controller, the Finance Operations Manager – West assists with operational budgets and manages costs for all organizations locations in the Western Region. This individual is responsible for the oversight of the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities.
A key mandate is to provide support to the operations team including month end reports, KPIs, spending variance reviews, and finance prime for physical inventory and cycle count processes. The ideal candidate has strong leadership skills, analytical skills, the ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization and has worked with auditors in a publicly traded company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- 10+ years’ experience in Cost Accounting at a Manager level
- Obtained or an accounting designation (CMA an asset)
- Advanced Excel, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- ERP experience required, Sage X3 an asset
- Public company experience an asset
- Flexible and able to prioritize tasks
- Strong work ethic and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization