The District Manager is responsible for the following:
- Establish appropriate direction and communication to Store Management and Store Teams while holding Store Managers accountable for execution at store level. Supervise a team of 14-18 stores within a designated area.
- Spend 60% -80% of the time in stores to monitor performance, provide feedback, and recognize exceptional performance.
- Hold regular meetings and conference calls to communicate Company directives and reinforce policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper execution of visual merchandise standards.
- Complete store inspections as needed and provides feedback to DMs/Store Managers.
- Ensure attainment of budgeted sales results and controls expenses to budget.
- Provide leadership to Store Management to drive sales and maximize margin.
- Monitor stores’ controllable expenses to budget and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Protect Company assets including attaining budgeted shrink results and monitoring store compliance with policies and procedures.
- Manage Human Resources issues to ensure retention, training and development, and hiring standards for all Employees.
- Ensure Store Management supports corporate training programs and that Employees complete all Company directed training.
- Provide guidance and training to Management teams to develop future Store Managers.
- Monitor Employees morale in stores to ensure a pleasant and productive work environment.
- Approve promotions, terminations, and disciplinary action as needed.
- 5 years retail experience with minimum of 2 years multi-store management in a fashion/specialty setting
- Exceptional knowledge of retail operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to supervise staff in different locations
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Proven decision-making skills
- Ability to travel 30-50% of the time