HOW YOU WILL ACHIEVE EXCELLENCE:
Family: Our people realize that relationships rooted in trust, honesty, respect and gratitude are essential to all.
Interpersonal Skills: Communication, Active Listening, Caring, Collaboration, Engagement, Social Awareness
- Develop positive, proactive and disciplined communication programs across the organization; building working relationships that support the achievement of organizational goals. Meetings are structured and timely. Particular attention to building long-term value based client relationships.
- Recognizes that communication within their area, and with all stakeholders, must not only support the organization's Core Values but that it will be held to the highest possible standard.
- Ability to listen and to ask the right questions; fostering open dialogue within their team, work groups and employees.
- Contributing as an engaged leader by active participation in organizational, community and business events.
- Acts and behaves in a manner that is aligned with the Organization’s Core Values; and as a senior leader realizes they are held to a high standard by all stakeholders.
Quality: Our people understand we never get a second chance to make a great first impression.
Technical Job Knowledge: Reporting, Control Systems, Work Processes, IT Solutions, Continuous Improvement
- Conducts weekly Sales (Hunter) Meetings to ensure fiscal revenue targets are being actively pursued and that their people are held accountable for agreed sales activities and performance against personal and team goals.
- Leads development of strategic plans for each key account; working with each member of their Sales Team to optimize account volumes in support of overall revenue targets.
- Works collaboratively as a member of the Revenue Management Team in developing effective revenue strategies and setting aggressive goals that will drive the property's financial performance.
- Collaborates with Revenue Manager to forecast business volumes on a 30/60/90 day and rolling 12 month basis.
- Works within budgeted parameters; further when revenues vary from budget there is a plan in place to adjust expenses to optimize flow through rates down to Gross Operating Profit.
- Proficient in all IT Solutions/Processes within the Division; pursues continuous improvement in the application and training processes associated with IT systems within their area.
- Evaluates Guest comments to identify any underlying trends and/or one-off service issues; collaborates with the Executive Committee to agree changes to service offering/processes in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Tracking and analysing results to provide action plans and commentary related to the performance of the Sales Team; both through formal written executive commentaries or as required by our external stakeholders.
- Presents self as a brand ambassador at every opportunity by making a professional first impression; both personally and through their people.
Winning: Our people understand that winning is about detailed planning and timely execution.
Strategic Thinking: Disciplined Action, Business Vision, Articulates Goals, Measures Progress, Anticipates Change
- Collaborates with the Executive Team to formulate organizational/corporate goals, strategies, tactics and KPIs.
- Champion of creating, and gaining approval of, sales strategies and tactics in support of the organization’s goals.
- Keeper of the Department’s value proposition around attracting, retaining and developing the right people; with a long-term view toward succession planning across the organization.
- Has a deep understanding of the organizations current and future “Best Customers”; can articulate a vision of how to evolve the product positioning against the hotels desired segmentation.
- Proactively sources and tracks the data required to generate the information/reporting required for all stakeholders to make informed decisions around the hotel’s optimal path forward within its competitive market.
- Special Projects related to harnessing new software programs and developing new processes in the pursuit of higher levels of productivity, scalability and accuracy.
Industry: Our people must have the ability to direct energy against strategic tasks in a manner that is focused
Drive for Results: Tenacious, Committed, Promotes Alignment, Improves Performance, Serial Achiever
- Collaborates with the Executive Team to deliver against agreed corporate goals, strategies and tactics.
- Once solved; problems do not reoccur. Solutions are permanent and sustainable.
- Perceived as a roll-up the sleeves individual that is able to get their team's commitment and deliver results, through their people, that are both fulsome and timely.
- Deliverables are executed in a manner that requires little or no follow up; both in terms of scope and quality.
- Has a proven track record of delivering results around people, quality and finance. Has a high degree of respect and influence in every direction within the organization due to their track record of getting “things done”.
- Acts with courage and decisiveness when confronted with roadblocks; inspires those around them through their diligence, conviction and expediency. The person people come to when they need a momentum changing effort.
- Seizes every opportunity to improve personal learning/skills that will allow you to grow with the organization.
Honesty: Our word is our foundation; we commit to doing what we say and accepting feedback as a gift.
Impact & Influence: Accountability, Performance Management, Conflict Resolution, Organizational Awareness
- Connects in a meaningful way with their people; understands that their people are their customers and does not fail to keep promises. Provides their people with the resources, direction and tools required for their success.
- As a senior leaders removing roadblocks is a frequent requirement; you must have the experience, confidence and inter-personal skills required to bring people together to agree solutions that are perceived as “win/win” outcomes.
- Personally and departmentally provides regular feedback and career planning through twice annual performance reviews; along with frequent one-on-one coaching.
- Proactively manages conflict within their area, with peers and within the broader organization as they materialize. Ensuring personality conflicts are managed; not allowing personal differences to undermine collaboration within their work area and across the organization.
- Speaks with candor one-on-one or in a group. Is recognized as not always pushing their own agenda. Resilient and looks inwardly for solutions when under stress; displaying a positive can-do attitude at all times. Brings forward not only hard truths but also potential solutions.
- Post-Secondary Degree.
- Minimum 10 years of hotel sales experience.
- Significant business leadership experience with a minimum of five years of Department Head leadership experience.
- Previous experience leading sales professionals and building highly functioning teams is an asset
- Strong organizational, planning and analytical skills.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Advanced presentation skills with the ability to tailor an audience-appropriate message.
- Excellent leadership skills that will incite enthusiasm, provide vision, and ensure that direct reports deliver timely and exceptional results.
- Ability to keep the “big picture” strategic path in focus while also managing the details.