HOW YOU WILL ACHIEVE EXCELLENCE:
Family: Our people realize that relationships rooted in trust, honesty, respect and gratitude are essential to all.
Interpersonal Skills: Communication, Active Listening, Caring, Collaboration, Engagement, Social Awareness
- Develop positive, proactive and disciplined communication programs across the Division; building working relationships that support the achievement of divisional and organizational goals.
- Recognizes that communication within their area, and with all stakeholders, must not only support the organization's Core Values but that it will be held to the highest possible standard.
- Ability to listen and to ask the right questions; fostering open dialogue within their team, work groups and employees.
- Contributing as an engaged leader by active participation in organizational, community and business events.
- Acts and behaves in a manner that is aligned with the Organization’s Core Values; and as a senior leader realizes they are held to a high standard by all stakeholders.
Quality: Our people understand we never get a second chance to make a great first impression.
Technical Job Knowledge: Reporting, Control Systems, Work Processes, IT Solutions, Continuous Improvement
- Collaborates with Revenue Manager and Sales to forecast business volumes in the pursuit of having the right number of staff, in the right places and at the right time each and every day.
- Ensures their leaders work within budgeted parameters; and that when revenues vary from budget there is a plan in place to optimize flow through rates right down to the divisional gross operating profit line.
- Proficient in the Property Management System and all IT solutions within the Division; pursues continuous improvement in the application and training processes associated with IT systems within their area.
- Evaluates Guest comments to identify any underlying trends; collaborates with the Executive Committee to agree changes to service offering/processes in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Presents self as a brand ambassador at every opportunity by making a professional first impression; both personally and through their people.
Winning: Our people understand that winning is about detailed planning and timely execution.
Strategic Thinking: Disciplined Action, Business Vision, Articulates Goals, Measures Progress, Anticipates Change
- Collaborates with the Executive Team to formulate organizational/corporate goals, strategies and tactics.
- Champions the creation of Divisional KPIs with Executive Team to guide the organization during both stable and volatile business conditions with an eye to maintaining financial stability.
- Keeper of the Department’s value proposition around attracting, retaining and developing the right people; with a long-term view toward succession planning across the organization.
- Analysing financial outcomes on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis; working with stakeholders to continuously formulate tactics to deliver optimal results in both good, bad and indifferent economic climates.
- Special Projects related to harnessing new software programs and developing new processes in the pursuit of higher levels of productivity, scalability and accuracy.
Industry: Our people must have the ability to direct energy against strategic tasks in a manner that is focused
Drive for Results: Tenacious, Committed, Promotes Alignment, Improves Performance, Serial Achiever
- Collaborates with the Executive Team to deliver against agreed corporate goals, strategies and tactics.
- Once solved; problems do not reoccur. Solutions are permanent and sustainable.
- Perceived as a roll-up the sleeves individual that is able to get their team's commitment.
- Meets with their people monthly to access their performance against goals and KPIs.
- Deliverables are executed in a manner that requires little or no follow up; both in terms of scope and quality.
- Has a proven track record of delivering results around people, quality and finance. Has a high degree of respect and influence in every direction within the organization due to their track record of getting “things done”.
- Acts with courage and decisiveness when confronted with roadblocks; inspires those around them through their diligence, conviction and expediency. The person people come to when they need a momentum changing effort.
Honesty: Our word is our foundation; we commit to doing what we say and accepting feedback as a gift.
Impact & Influence: Accountability, Performance Management, Conflict Resolution, Organizational Awareness
- Connects in a meaningful way with their people; understands that their people are their customers and does not fail to keep promises. Provides their people with the resources, direction and tools required for their success.
- Personally and departmentally provides regular feedback and career planning through twice annual performance reviews; along with frequent one-on-one coaching.
- Proactively manages conflict within their area, with peers and within the broader organization as they materialize. Ensuring personality conflicts are managed; not allowing personal differences to undermine collaboration within their work area and across the organization.
- Speaks with candor one-on-one or in a group. Is recognized as not always pushing their own agenda. Resilient and looks inwardly for solutions when under stress; displaying a positive can-do attitude at all times. Brings forward not only hard truths but also potential solutions.
- Diploma in Business Administration or Hospitality preferred
- 2-4 years of combined experience in housekeeping and front office in a hospitality setting
- Resort industry knowledge of HSE key performance indicators
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Superior communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experienced in a unionized environment
- Demonstrated history of hands on engagement with respective teams
- Strong understanding of and ability to explain analytics and statistics
- Exemplary organizational and time management skills
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Microsoft Excel)
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders