- Working with vendors and suppliers to maintain only required inventory
- Recruiting and selecting employees, and following up to ensure proper training in departments
- Maintaining store staff by reviewing results, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results
- Working with experienced bakers, as well as mentoring, training and coaching junior staff in a respectful and constructive manner
- Keeping and exceeding all health and safety guidelines, including the maintenance and cleanliness of the department (including tools, and equipment)
- Be able to innovate with new products (both, created in house or via commercial product available through distributors).
- Completes store operational requirements by overseeing departmental scheduling and achieving labour and expense targets
- Achieving financial objectives by following budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with customers and businesses within the community in order to identify service needs
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales and monitoring trends
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge of the grocery and bakery industry by keeping up to date with competition and market trends
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program, operational and personnel policies and procedures.
Customer service, tracking budget expenses, pricing, vendor relationships, market knowledge, staffing, results driven, strategic planning, management proficiency, client relationship, verbal and written communication, computer proficiency (Word, Excel Level 2, POS)