- Marketing Strategy: Develop, initiate and implement measurable marketing strategies that aid in driving the business’s strategic priorities and financial goals. Creating purpose driven CX along Shopper P2P (Path-2-Purchase); O2O (Online-2-Off-line); P2D (Physical-2-Digital); D2C (Direct-2-Consumer), while maintaining brand synergy across the Shopper ecosystem.
- Brand Marketing: Develop and drive the message and programs that position CANEX as a customer-centric, values-driven organization, drawing and inspiring new fans, customers, and employees. Continuous development of the business’s unique and compelling voice, which aids in building awareness, loyalty, uniqueness, relevance, esteem, and reputation among target consumers.
- Customer Experience: Direct and link all aspects of the physical and digital experiences that our customers have with us to drive customer engagement and profitability. Work to seamlessly connect our digital and physical experiences into a powerful whole.
- Brand Design: Lead and coach a team responsible for delivering compelling and brand-right solutions to creative and marketing briefs across both physical and digital realms. Continuous development of the business’s unique and compelling voice(s), which aids in building awareness, loyalty, uniqueness, relevance, esteem, and reputation among target consumers. Cultivate a customer centric, data and sales driven mind-set within their team, while maintaining creativity and innovation.
- Corporate Communications: Execute strategy through organizational partnerships and drive the communications agenda and marketing calendar. Achieve cohesiveness and consistency of messages and creative across all media. Own strategy and execution of advertising, PR, social media, and internal communications. Be the link between the Marketing Department and the stakeholders from across the enterprise, and execute innovative stakeholder communication strategies to inform all relevant parties of activities of the department.
- Digital Experience: Partner with the Digital and Technology teams, Merchandising, Operations and other business units to ensure a powerful and connected digital experience for our customers across our ecosystem of digital site, tools, and campaigns. Make it easy for all customers to find what they seek, and do business with us in a way that enhances their customer journey.
Our ideal candidate:
- 10+ years of experience in retail marketing with 5+ years in a Senior Strategic Leadership role
- Ideally hold a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications
- Located in Ottawa or willing to relocate
- Functional bilingualism in English and French is preferred but not mandatory, with language training to be provided to the successful candidate, if required.
What we offer:
This is “RETAIL with a PURPOSE” and this is your chance to use your expertise to GIVE BACK! Give back to our Military Members who dedicate their lives to our wellbeing and ensuring Canada is a safe place to live.
We are growing, changing and modernizing – this is your chance to make a BIG difference and be part of total retail transformation.
No more answering emails every weekend – we offer work/life balance because spending time with your family and friends is important to you.
Live in the Beautiful Nation’s Capital where housing is still affordable! Relocation offered.
Some of the benefits we include:
- Health Benefits: Drug coverage, travelling insurance, dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
- Retirement Planning: Defined Benefit Pension Plan & Savings plans (TFSA, RRSPs).
- Training and Learning Opportunities: Tuition Assistance and Advanced Learning Programs that may provide financial support to pursue post-secondary education, payment of association memberships, access to a large range of online learning opportunities and free language training.
- Perks: as a member of the Canadian Armed Forces community, you have access to discounts provided by other organizations, can collect rewards points at the CANEX store and access to no interest payment plans on purchases. Access to facilities on-site (i.e. fitness facility, swimming pool, etc.).