- Planning and execution of food delivery to patio restaurant and special events.
- Menu development and costing for restaurant and special events (Wedding and Corporate packages) and Food & Wine Experiences in collaboration with winery management.
- Leadership of back of house culinary team; (5-15 Direct Reports). Includes recruitment, onboarding, training and ongoing coaching.
- Development and implementation of inventory controls and ordering systems including maintaining relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Ensure standard recipes and syllabus’ are created for consistent food delivery.
- Scheduling for the culinary team in accordance with the winery’s labour budgets.
- Offsite catering and event support for estate properties and brands.
- Public Relations and media engagement to speak on behalf of the culinary programs.
- Red Seal Chef Certification
- 5+ years of head chef experience managing teams of 10+ individuals; 2+ years of catering experience or multi-unit management an asset
- Leadership – knows how to rally a team and is a natural at coaching and developing.
- Business Savvy and Financial Acumen – adept at managing and growing culinary service sales and subsequent P&L management (Managing Sales Per Labour $, Labour and Food Costs).
- Collaboration – has proven ability to work within the hospitality management team and cross-functionally towards a common goal.
- Creativity – understands current and new culinary trends and is keen to exceed the expectations of our guests.
- Multitasker with an ability to know when it’s time to work on and in the business.
- Solution focused – meets challenges head on with a desire to uncover any impediments to success and professionally presents suggestions on efficiencies.
In the last five years, our clients portfolio has received over 1,500 accolades and awards in national and international wine competitions, and currently owns and distributes seven of the top 20 brands in Canada.
They have a team that is driven by a desire to succeed and a shared enthusiasm for combining an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit with a customer focus; to deliver quality ideas with integrity.
Our client offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits plan, as well as quarterly incentives and a product allowance.
This is a great opportunity to join this passionate group and to help build their reputation as a world-renowned hospitality organization. Contact Marc for more information about this exciting opportunity.