Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversees daily kitchen operation and sets direction of culinary department in conjunction with the Executive Chef
- Assist the Executive Chef in preparation of financial forecasts and budgets; instrumental in taking steps to assist the division in exceeding Food and Beverage financial targets
- Ensuring proper inventory control and ordering practices are utilized
- Assist the Executive Chef in meeting or exceeding goals as identified through employee engagement surveys.
- Leading initiatives to guarantee Guest Satisfaction Scores are overachieved
- Training and development of culinary team members with emphasis on team leads, food presentation and preparation methods
- In conjunction with other leaders, the Sous Chef will ensure the kitchen is maintained in optimum condition
- Strives to advance his/her knowledge, skills and abilities and consistently shares same with others
- Instrumental in running a department that meets Health & Safety committee objectives
- Lead the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef
- Will be a key player in menu development and implementation of menus with consideration to concept, food trends & food cost
- Actively involved in kitchen and department head meetings
- This position is ideally suited to the individual who sees their role as assisting the Executive Chef
- Preferably in an Executive Sous Chef position or has held a Sous Chef position a minimum of 3 years
- Valid trade qualifications
- Exceptional organization skills to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A team player with the ability to train, coach and motivate employees.
- Product and quality obsessed with good knowledge in menu engineering and design.
- Previous experience scheduling a brigade of 12+
- Basic understanding of labour costs and productivity
- Versed on calculation of food cost; Experience with conducting food inventories and understanding of inventory turn-over
- Understanding of safe work practices and initiatives to reduce or eliminate accidents
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and well organized with creative flair.
- Previous experience managing in an unionized environment is an asset
Visa Requirements: Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Our client is locally owned and operated by a core group of leaders who care about the operation. They lead with passion and provide an environment where people can strive to improve their skills and expertise.