- Analyze customers’ needs and values in relation to the products and customer service being delivered to identify gaps and develop plans to improve mix of products and customer service to close the gaps.
- Conduct customer focus groups to ensure relevant information is gathered and used to refine the customer development strategy on an ongoing basis.
- Manage the development, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures, programs and systems related to the development and management of customer sales and service to build the customer client base
- Develop product sales and service strategy that is customer driven while ensuring profit targets are met based on segmenting the market for profit
- Establish and maintain metrics to be used in assessing the value of customer relationships.
- Liaise with the marketing, merchandising and operations teams to develop and maintain a customer focused attitude and approach, concentrating on those that most strongly contribute toward improving customer life time value (CLV)
- Develop a social media strategy that will enable the orgainzation to expand and influence its customer’s network
- Analyse opportunities for customer engagement utilizing social media. Identify key media and develop a strategy to engage customers using those media. Administer the program, monitor and review results.
- Coordinate the development and delivery of point of purchase programs for deployment to outlets.
- Develop and implement marketing collateral, promotional and point of purchase programs in order to assist store sales team to meet the needs of their customers while building a differentiated customer experience
- Liaise with key customers to validate the services being delivered and the effectiveness of the programs
- Assist in developing and maintaining a common approach for facilitating change by cultivating employee attitudes while developing a customer centric culture
- Provide operational direction to retail outlet managers.
- Manage and direct the day-to-day operational activities.
- Oversee the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets, and achieve budgeted results, in collaboration with Outlet Managers.
- Monitor financial results for deviations and takes corrective action, using expense control techniques to maximize profits.
- Perform operational reviews covering all aspects of the Outlets and recommend improvements in operating procedures and standards.
- Oversee all aspects of loss prevention (practices/procedures).
- Manage vendor selection and negotiation, assortment planning, space allocation, planograms and layouts, SKU and margin management, and promotional planning and activities.
- Analyze, develop, and implement merchandising and pricing strategies, margin management, assortment management, advertising, and sales promotion.
- Review and evaluate performance and results.
A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior management position within the retail sector. A university degree in business administration or marketing is an asset. JRoss Retail Recruiters is seeking a well rounded general manager with CRM experience who can orchestrate teams in an environment that supports their values around exemplary service and community outreach. The successful candidate needs to be team-centric, a guest advocate, passionate about driving sales teams to exceed all service and sales benchmarks. The leader of the division must have a real penchant for growth, have solid operational expertise and strong financial acumen along with deep and broad expertise in consumer loyalty marketing.
If you are ready for the retail adventure of a lifetime and bring the knowledge, skill and competency to be successful, this is the position for you. A great lifestyle with strong personal and family connections is the area you will live in, central Europe and easy access to major metropolitan centres. The organization is small and agile but part of a much larger and incredibly important network. The people are terrific and there is lots of autonomy to carve out a stake in the business. The position is a 2-year contract with option to renew. Whether you are single or with a family – all welcome to apply.