Support the Store Manager with the strategic plans associated with growing the food service operation. Assist in the daily operations and execution of food service/retail operations while achieving and maximizing sales. Lead and supervise the team of store specialists to create and maintain the brand and value for their customers.
Sales and Customer Service:
- Ensure achievement of sales and service level targets set for the food service operation.
- Lead the team by example in servicing our customers.
- Ensure the store is clean and visual presentation properly set.
- Provide exceptional service to both existing and potential customers in an efficient and effective manner.
- Motivate and coach the team to provide exceptional customer service in keeping with the image and brand values.
- Proactively manage and deal with customer interactions and complaints.
- Manage shifts to ensure that each specialist and team are prepared and ready to work and communicate to each other at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Oversee and respond to the day to day organizational needs of the food service operation including but not limited to: store cleanliness, re-stocking, training staff on selling techniques, customer service, merchandising and product knowledge.
- Support and assist in the implementation of SOP’s and guidelines for the store, ensuring full compliance by the team.
- Complete reports and/or documentation related to each shift.
Cash and Stock Management:
- Supervise and enforce the cash management policy, cash handling, store funds and deposit procedures.
- In partnership with the Store Manager analyze product sales performance and inventory needs, including the monitoring of expense and purchasing budgets.
- Run monthly and quarterly stock inventories.
- Manage all POS material.
Training and Coaching:
- Create a culture of continuous learning within the team through daily meetings, focused group sessions, formal training and one on ones.
- Acts as a coach and mentor by using discretion in assessing performance, providing feedback and coaching to improve performance and provide employment recommendations to Store Manager.
The ideal Candidate has:
- Hospitality experience & Service in a luxury brand hotel or restaurant is essential
- Experience in managing/supervising people/teams, including training and coaching
- Experience in event coordination can be a good asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage store operations independently
- Excellent presentation, communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Experience with the implementation of systems and policies with regards to retail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Team-building skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor others
No super late nights, and a corporate culture that works to raise people up all add up to a unique and special opportunity.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Full benefits package
- A young and dynamic team
- A growth environment favouring the development of competencies