- Supervise the restaurant operation, including FOH and BOH areas.
- Attend and conduct meetings with fellow supervisors and service staff alike.
- Control the cashier system and run daily Micros reports while on duty.
- Assist in forecasting, implementing, monitoring, controlling and reporting on the various budgets and their components (labor costs, food costs, beverage costs, supplies, equipment, etc) to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality service.
- Control Profit & Loss by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions.
- Ensure complete and timely execution of corporate & local marketing programs.
- Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of restaurant and equipment to protect the assets, comply with regulations and ensure quality of service.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, specials, liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in the restaurant/bar.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by federal/provincial liquor regulations.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all restaurant group policies and service procedures.
- Document pertinent information in the Log Book and follow up on items noted during other shifts – keep up-to-date daily.
- Be familiar with operation of Micros system and manual system procedures.
- Attend and contribute to management meetings & operations meetings.
- Check the status of all orders & ensure that they are delivered within designated timelines.
- Maintain department files.
- Conduct and attend pre-shift briefings.
- Maintain complete knowledge of operational structure and service procedures in restaurant at all times.
- Establish and maintain inventory control in restaurant supply storeroom.
- Respond to customer trends, needs, issues and comments to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Create, recommend and implement promotions and ideas to capture more in-house guests.
- Keep up with current events in order to communicate and converse with the guests.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Anticipate guest needs and respond promptly.
- Monitor and ensure that all aspects of service conform to the restaurant group standards.
- Make weekly schedules and forecasts of payroll in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Attract, retain and motivate employees; interview, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems and provide open communication.
- Promote and perform excellent communication between all staff and managers within the restaurant group.
- Conduct performance evaluations.
- Formulate training plans and schedules for all service staff and ensure it is maintained in accordance to the restaurant sroup guidelines.
- Handle scheduling & update payroll edits on a daily basis, ensuring for accuracy.
- Implement, assist and follow up with training programs.
- 3 years experience in similar position
- Food Safe certification
- Serving Right certification
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Good oral/written communication skills
- Excellent beverage knowledge
- Marketing awareness and planning
- Labor and budget forecast experience
- Basic business math and accounting skills
- Basic personal computer literacy
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service an asset
This a great opportunity to work with a growing company. They offer hands-on training, competitive compensation and a comprehensive healthcare and dental benefits programs; as well as participation in recognition programs.
Contact Jeremy for more information about this exciting opportunity.