The role will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the cabins and the lodge as well as collaborating with the Director of Food and Beverage for the on-site bistro and canteen. You will identify opportunities to support our industry within the community and participate in professional organizations as applicable. Your ability to create, foster and continue existing and new relationships with our guests, partners and other stakeholders is critical to the fit of this role.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drive guest satisfaction, financial performance and employee satisfaction
- Championing effective communication by briefing and debriefing management and staff, together with regular departmental meetings
- Create, deliver and maintain complete knowledge of all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Performance manage, mentor and recruit a team of up to 30 staff, with 3-5 direct reports.
- Create an employee environment that focuses on motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement, and a passion for providing service.
- Schedule direct reports and ensure appropriate coverage for all departments.
- Lead daily dashboard meetings addressing arrivals, key issues (internal & external).
- Initiate proactive action to capitalize on opportunities for growth in volume and quality.
- Responsible for creating and presenting revenue and labour forecasts and budget and influential in achieving target gross margins.
- Constant evaluation of success of daily revenue to identify and propose rate adjustments.
- Review, provide input and manage OTA platform management requirements.
- Control room rate, inventory, protected reservations to ensure maximum occupancy.
- Maintain close contact with other properties, rate patterns, occupancy.
- Manage reputation across all platforms, daily replies and follow up.
- Attend guest issues, inquiries, complaints, and feedback.
- Responsible for the security of the buildings, company assets and guest/co-worker safety by ensuring full adherence to security and safety procedures and protocols.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and hotel data, strictly enforced within departments.
- Ensure compliance with finance procedures, cash handling, daily, weekly, and monthly audits, reconciliation etc.
- Minimum 6 years hotel experience with no less than 3 years Senior Management/General Management experience in a similar role. Resort property preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in hospitality or hotel management is considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently, adaptable, and self-motivated.
- Ability & willingness to drive change, challenge the status quo, identify opportunities, synergies, and efficiencies.
- Experience with WebRez Pro (or PMS equivalent), Guest Folio (or CRM equivalent), Touch Bistro, Expedia and Booking.com preferred.
- Proficiency in English (verbal and written), second language an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, always remaining calm and courteous.
- Competitive salary ranging from
- Benefits provided for health and dental
- Bonus available as financial performance allows
- Flexible and reduced hours in the off-season (November to March)
- On-site accommodation provided year-round
- Access to fleet vehicle for local travel
- As this is a hotel business and operates 24/7, this role periodically requires attention at non-convenient times of the day. Though not often, the General Manager may be called to assist their team “after hours”.