Lead Corporate & Franchise Store Operations
- Takes a lead role in building a strong corporate store management culture with the operations team; spends time coaching Store Managers, identifying skills and opportunities for development; provides advice and guidance on Store Managers issues when needed.
- Spends time in corporate stores with store managers and staff to understand and identify business critical issues to ensure the alignment of tactics and strategies.
- Develop, train and guide operational support group to meet desired targets and ensure strong interpersonal valuations with vendors, corporate store managers, staff and franchisees.
- Continually reviews financial and inventory data and supports the Store Managers in providing realistic input into sales and inventory control.
- Supports corporate locations by ensuring operations staff visit on a regular basis to confirm they are meeting proposed budgets, retail initiatives and overall merchandising goals.
- Proactively manages and reviews the performance and progress of Store Managers and their objectives and targets and works to develop individual training and leadership effectiveness plans for the team.
- Works with the HR Support Partner to ensure people management issues are satisfactorily resolved and relevant HR policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Trains and develops staff ensuring adherence to HR systems and procedures.
Support & Implement the Corporate Strategy
- Generates ideas about future retail activities to ensure a cutting-edge strategy; maintains up to date knowledge of the market place, competitors and trends.
- Works with the President and other department Managers to implement the company strategy, business priorities and targets for the corporate group, and ensures that systems in place enable store managers to effectively operate their respective store locations.
- Involved in the strategic direction and development of the company, participates in the decision-making process for new initiatives, projects and procedures.
- Translates the strategic goals into retail operational plans to achieve the required targeted growth in sales and profit; identifies and optimises promotional and merchandising opportunities ensuring these are co-ordinated across corporate store group.
- Influences and supports the retail element of the annual budget process ensuring understanding and buy in from the operations team.
Collaborate with Corporate Office Functions
- Work with other departments to achieve desired company goals and exceeding key performance metrics.
- Uses open feedback mechanisms and communication from the operations team with other departments to ensure the integration of the retail strategy and other operational activities.
- Maintains and constantly develops innovative and cost-effective inventory stock generation; collaborates with IT department to monitor and manage inventory monthly to achieve bottom line sales budget against monthly targets
- Minimum of 15 years retail operations management experience and understands the rigors of a competitive retail environment. Demonstrated experienced in effectively managing relationships at a senior level including owners, colleagues, suppliers and employees.
- Minimum of 7 years in a leadership position directly supervising store managers, employees/support staff, with proven abilities to motivate, coach and develop people.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute and successfully deliver against the business strategy.
- Solid track record of increasing and sustaining sales growth and profitability even in challenging market conditions, a solid understanding of profit and loss accounting, and the influence of operating factors e.g. volume v price, margin analysis and inventory management.
- Mobility – the job entails frequent travel (mostly within Western Canada)
- Working knowledge of Retail, Employment Standards and OH&S legislation
- Must be able to use MS Office applications – Word, Outlook and Excel to a competent standard
- Competitive industry compensation and benefits commensurate with experience.
- Relocation assistance will be considered based on company policy.
Perks & Benefits