- Responsible for setting sales and operational goals and expectations, and ensuring that those goals and expectations are achieved
- Coordinates activities of regions, to effect maximum sales and profits, as well as operational efficiency and economy
- Directs and coordinates promotion of products sold to develop new markets, increase share of market and obtain competitive position in industry; maintain competitive awareness by continuously monitoring the competition
- Analyzes regional budget requests to identify areas in which reductions can be made, and allocates operating budget. Exercises regional operating expense control
- Confers with Area/District Managers and reviews activity, operating, sales and inventory shrink reports to determine changes in programs or operations required while ensuring regional sales, promotional, shrink and payroll goals are met
- Directs preparation of directives to Area/District Managers outlining policy, program, or operations changes to be implemented
- Recommends improvements to over-all store operations
- Manages regional recruitment, employment, training and associate relations and development efforts in compliance with company standards through Area/District Managers
- Administers regional performance appraisal, wage and salary guidelines, and company training program under HR direction and develops Area/District Manager candidates
- Promotes organization in industry, manufacturing or trade associations
- Responsible for overseeing the performance management of the Regional management team to meet all expectations
- Serve as the key strategic partner with executive management by proactively implementing strategies to stay ahead of our competition
- Ensure that the company’s goals and values are upheld at all times by communicating standards of operations, and providing direction to the management teams and Associates
- 7+ year's management experience in a highly complex, multi-unit retail business environment with district managerial reports.
- Proven ability to meet/exceed sales and profit results.
- Proven ability to meet current and future business goals through continuous identification and development of store management talent.
- Proven ability to build and leverage relationships with peers, corporate partners and the business community to positively impact business decisions.
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to ambiguity and allocate time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and the ability to influence business partners at all levels.
- Proficient computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; will require weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Ability to travel extensively across Western Canada.
They employ people who like people & fun. They feel it is important to create a diverse atmosphere that is inclusive of unique differences; they celebrate these unique differences, it makes them a winning team. their people are fun, passionate and knowledgeable; when their customers ask a question they get a straight answer. their greatest asset is their people.