- Implement quality assurance/quality control procedures and monitor compliance programs for raw material, work in process and finished product quality and safe.
- Manage pest control, chemical control and allergen programs.
- Assure proper sanitation programs are in place and documentations are maintained.
- Conduct sanitation and process audits and coordinate AIB audits.
- Maintain and verify all quality assurance/quality control records and other documentations required by customers and/or the company are accurate.
- Ensure that all quality assurance manuals are maintained; SOP, SSOP and HACCP.
- Ensure effectiveness of the Recall Program and conduct mock recalls as required.
- Deal with customer complaints from investigation through to taking corrective action and reporting to the customer and the company.
- Ensure that quality control procedures are developed as part of the new product development process.
- Ensure food safety practices and all applicable requirements of the SQF System are adopted and maintained. Support the development, implementation, maintenance and ongoing improvement of the SQF System.
- Experience with third party audits including GMA SAFE; and AIB .
- Manage employee quality training (GMP’s) and maintain active training files. Update training needs for each employee at least once a year or as required.
- A self-starter, with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate with internal staff and external customers, a willingness to learn, embrace change and the ability to work in a fast paced environment is required.
- Working with managers to implement the company's policies and goals.
- Food Science diploma /degree or equivalent
- Minimum of three to five years of quality assurance management experience in the food manufacturing industry
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Superior communications and interpersonal skills and leadership abilities
- Results oriented, self motivated and works well under pressure
- Thorough understanding of quality assurance procedures, HACCP and safety requirements.
- Proficient in use of MS Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- High degree of personal ethics, able to work under pressure
Perks & Benefits