- Responsible for production, sanitation, maintenance, production scheduling and quality.
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to carry out the manufacturing policies regarding cost, quality and service to customers.
- Manage plant’s operational budget.
- Scale up new products; understand critical control points, acceptance standards and testing methodology.
- Review data to establish inventory levels of raw and finished products.
- Measure, track and maintain controls to evaluate plant costs, quality and service.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the operations of all production departments.
- Investigate and analyze problems, questions and product loss issues.
- Develop and issue detailed monthly production schedules and track progress vs. plan. Report on performance.
- Monitor production for usage/yield variance vs. established cost standards.
- Identify and submit required formula and routing changes. Initiate corrective action and report monthly on yield performance.
- Maintain up-to-date standard operating procedures and ensure that they are followed at all times.
- Ensure safe operating conditions and methods and proper GMP/Housekeeping standards are practiced at all times.
- Monitor late shipment reports and expedite emergency orders when necessary.
- Prioritize maintenance resources when needed.
- Coordinate QC and Production Admin activities as necessary to address late shipment and orders.
- Serve as primary contact for customer audits and site visits.
- Ensure employee appraisals are completed properly and on timely basis by the supervisors.
- Review written disciplinary actions and handle all employee discharges.
- Ensures fair and consistent enforcement of all company rules and policies are followed.
- Assist subordinates with personal development plans to enhance their effectiveness and satisfaction in their current assignments.
- Interview and evaluate prospective production employees for employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required, or 10 years + of progressive Operations Management experience in a specialty food manufacturing facility.
- 7 years of operations manufacturing experience required.
- 3 years in a supervisory role.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to effectively plan the utilization of available equipment and personnel resources.
- Good leadership, organizational and planning skills are required.
- Execution/Results Driven
- Develops Self and Others
- Customer Focus
- Know Your Business
- Excellent Communication
- Quality & Safety Focus
- Planning & Priority Setting
- Entrepreneurial (Creativity/Leading Change/Innovation)
Certifications / Education
Post Secondary Degree