- Ensure prompt and efficient service of all meals and beverages.
- Ensure property is well maintained. Report any maintenance issues is necessary.
- Ensure that stocks and supplies are requested on a timely basis, correct stock levels maintained and stored under optimum conditions.
- Ensure housekeeping staff has completed daily duties.
- Ensure requisition and receiving clerk is filling departmental requisitions.
- Circulate throughout all departments maintaining a high presence with customers and staff.
- Ensure maximum security of all departments.
- Knowledge of safety standards and statutory requirements of a food and beverage operation.
- Hold regular staff meetings.
- Hire, coach and train staff, ensuring compliance with the employee policy handbook.
- Hold regular performance appraisals.
- Update job descriptions/duties as required.
- Maintain high standards of morale and personal appearance of staff.
- Assist with shift change paperwork (inventory/cash/etc).
- Approve all promo/voids and staff discounts.
- Assist promotional manager with promotional event planning/events.
- Prepare daily report before shift change.
- Daily review of menu item reports.
- Look at sales daily/weekly on a total basis and by category - investigate trends and compare to previous sales history.
- Maintain a high degree of interest in self-development.
- Assist General Manager in schedule preparation.
- Assist back office with monthly/weekly rental management.
- Participate in manager meetings.
- Follow-up on incident reports – review security system.
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Special projects as required.
- Hands on Food & Beverage and Kitchen management experience.
- Inventory management experience.
- Strong computer skills - Intermediate Excel and Word, POS, Micros.
- Attention to detail. Candidate must be able to control and manage business assets.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and be a team player.
- Ability to train and motivate staff.
- Strong budgetary, projections and cost control skills.
- High energy, positive attitude and superior administrative and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Preference will be given to those applicants with Alberta Gaming knowledge and Gaming experience.
- Ability to be certified by AGLC, which encompasses credit and criminal checks.
Small locally managed and owned business where people count and the focus is on growth and success. Come for the job; stay for the amazing challenge and lifestyle!
Perks & Benefits