- Oversees the supervision of purchasing and storeroom personnel which includes work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, motivation, and productivity. Conducts staff meetings on a regular basis to engage employees.
- Provides human & financial resources required to produce food in compliance with the requirements of this standard.
- Analyzes ordering quantities and patterns to determine best approach. Offers suggestions for SKU rationalization and consolidation. Reviews patterns on CBASE (forecast software) and isolates problem items.
- Compares options available, evaluates materials, supplies, vendor options, and proposals.
- Ensures that the Company receives the best value, market price (or better) for all goods and services, approves all large dollar value purchases, and ensures compliance with appropriate specifications and regulations.
- Ensures that the Purchasing Department business practices are compatible with and adhere to Company policies, industry best practices and Canadian laws.
- Assists in responding to all customer inquiries with regards to materials and supplies.
- Oversees all facets of the daily operations of the Purchasing Department.
- Participates in the development, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of policies, objectives, short and long-range planning, and develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishing established goals.
- Participates in, or oversees audit compliance. Participates in product design/development activities and customer presentations.
- May serve on various business improvement teams and/or committees, as assigned.
- Ensures Purchasing Department maintains alignment and cooperation with other departments, and works cooperatively to achieve business goals.
- Responsible for overall departmental performance including labor cost, absenteeism, controllable expenses, inventory control, record keeping, cleanliness, repairs and maintenance,food safety, employee safety ,customer and employee satisfaction and adherence to all company and legal requirements.
- Analyses performance metrics, creates reports and develops corrective action plans.
- Ensures Company’s compliance with all corporate governance requirements and local provincial and federal laws.
- Follows up on overdue invoices, payments and reconciliation of monthly statements from suppliers.
- Participates in month end inventory reconciliation.
- Handles and maintains database of supplier quality issues.
- Creates and maintains supplier scorecards and develops benchmark or Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements.
- Provides approval of all outgoing goods received invoices ensuring company policies are closely followed and the procure to pay (P2P) method is being followed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area (Business Administration, Logistics, Procurement, etc.) or Supply Chain Management Professional designation (SCMP), or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Previous supervisory experience in a unionized environment is preferred.
- Previous experience in the food production/service industry is preferred.
- Previous experience in managing stores/warehouses is preferred.
- Previous mid to senior level management experience.
- Experience with SAP is strongly preferred.
- HACCP and Food Safe Certifications are preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
With a worldwide presence, an ever-expanding range of products and services, and multiple functions that must seamlessly integrate to keep their enterprise running, our client offers a wide variety of opportunities to apply your talents, backgrounds and experience.
As part of this team, you will strive for better solutions and improved efficiency in a dynamic global environment, while always keeping satisfaction of the customer topmost in mind.