- Ensure that culinary standards for product quality, taste, presentation and execution are met in a consistent and timely manner
- Build, train and retain a high performing team
- Manages all aspects of staff performance in accordance with established service standards; ensuring staff knows and adheres to established steps of service and service standards
- Motivate staff to take ownership of their work and deliver exceptional guest experience
- Assesses staffing requirements on a continuous basis to identify current and future needs
- Taste and monitor the quality of all food products served, providing feedback where appropriate
- Support the achievement of sales volume and margin as determined by seasonal plans
- Control department payroll and ensure that schedules reflect business needs
- Proactively manages costs based on key performance indicators; ensuring that each culinary cost centre operates with the lowest possible cost structure
- Ensure that all operating equipment is cared for to maximize its useful life and to minimize breakage
- Control food waste, maintain par-stock levels and ensure proper rotation of perishable stock
- Select reliable and quality vendors to source the best quality food products at the best possible terms
- Sourcing local and sustainable quality food products whenever possible
- Keep records of quantities used and handle efficient ordering; placing, managing & monitoring daily food & kitchen supplies orders
- Ensure the kitchen meets all health regulations, standards and codes – including safety practices, hygiene practices, and safe food handling and storage practices
- Comply with all Health & Safety policies and requirements
- A minimum of 3-5 years of previous experience as an Executive Chef in a high-volume establishment. Culinary Arts degree preferred, but they will hire candidates with an exceptional experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in cost controls and take full ownership and responsibility for all culinary operations.
- Proven history of high-quality cuisine, preferably in high volume production of fresh, scratch food.
- Examples of food philosophy that supports local vendors and suppliers
- Proven history of team building and can provide examples of developing those around them.