The District Manager - Franchise is responsible for all activities and sales results in the district. Assigned stores may include a combination of corporate and franchised stores. Key areas of focus will be successful team growth while meeting financial and operational objectives.
• Best practices Consultant – through the review of store practices (i.e. brand standards and CTAs), sales and trends (merchandising, staffing, training, promotion of new products, etc.) is able to recommend customized “best practice” solutions to Franchisees with the goal of improving sales/profitability for the store.
• Training, Monitoring & Enforcement of standards outlined in the Franchisee Agreement – ensures that new franchisees are adequately oriented & trained; ensures all company policies and operating procedures are followed.
• Corporate Office Liaison – Acts as principle contact point between franchisee and head office departments to communicate or solicit information, collect data, resolve issues, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• College level graduate (preferably from a Business, Retail or Marketing program) and/or extensive retail experience
• Minimum of 2 to 3 years retail chain experience at a District or multi-store management level leading 10+ stores in a large retail chain; ideally gained in a progressive operations roles
• Demonstrate strong retail visual merchandising skills
• Able to work independently, organize their work and the work of others; able to multi-task and move from day to day-operational activities to planning level activities as required.
• Results driven; willingness to strive for improvements and hold others accountable for their results
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong customer service skills; communication skills and a sense of urgency
• Able to operate a computer, (MS office products); cash register (including point of sale software)
• Must hold a current driver’s license and be able to drive. Overnight trips may be required
• Must be able to work occasional evenings/weekends when required
• Must be located in the Calgary or Red Deer region