The Director of Sales and Marketing (DoSM) is responsible for leading & driving top line revenue strategy to include but not limited to group, volume transient & catering for all business units across the resort. The individual is additionally responsible for staying ahead of market trends, market share movement and ongoing competitive set analysis, while directing the resort’s revenue generating team to ensure budgeted revenues are met or exceeded. The DoSM is also responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategy for the resort including digital marketing planning and execution, brand campaigns and deployment of strategies and tactics across the brand, social media, digital and creative design functions. The DoSM will be required to leverage key internal partners; vendor partnerships and internal stakeholders within the resort. This position is responsible for being the recognized expert in developing annual revenue generating plans that align with their long- and short-term strategic plans.
Major Duties & Responsibilities - Key responsibilities of the DoSM include but are not limited to:
Engaging in Revenue Generating Strategies
- Responsible for leading & driving top line revenue for across all business units
- Assesses & reacts to market trends, market share & the comp set environment.
- Act as the resort’s voice of the guest and communicate key issues/concerns at all levels of the organization.
- Fluent in reading/assimilating/using Smith Travel Research data, financial P&L, mix of sales, forecasting, group pace/position & a wide array of traditional resort reporting.
- Ability to understand and communicate market trends, demand generators, supply/demand and economic factors affecting resort performance.
- Conduct comprehensive competitive set reviews, SWOT analysis & keep tabs on new supply.
- Understand GEO source & ability to develop a plan to penetrate the primary markets.
- Develop/implement key segment strategy & managing key accounts (both existing & target).
- Design effective sales deployment schemes & market assignments.
- Develop sales goals designed to achieve budget & market share targets.
- Manage group pace measurement and set sales production goals.
- Manage sales activity & travel schedule.
Sales & Marketing Plans/Budget
- Research, input and implementation of annual budget/business plans
- Creation and ongoing execution of annual media plan
- Includes ad rate negotiation, placement, copywriting and production
- Annual and seasonal online and print advertising and listings
- Monthly advertising and listings in Local Papers
- Additional advertising initiatives and placements as needed
- Field all advertising requests
- Independent website(s) management as it pertains to content, including primary vanity website
- Supervision of annual budget and implementation plus any special projects as it relates to website
- Supervision and approval of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM)/Pay per Click (PPC) programs
- Supervision and approval of Google Display Network (GDN) and other display network advertising programs
- Ongoing direct website content input, updates, enhancements and image uploading utilizing Content Management System (CMS) software program
- Ongoing creation and updates to website packages, calendar of events, press room, etc.
- Ongoing restaurant menu updates, etc.
- Joint coordination of website initiatives, promotions, packages, etc.
- Submission of website revisions/additions/updates
Eblast management & execution
- Joint coordination of email blasts and offers to align with revenue management strategies
- Creation of blasts with CRM software program
- Database management and email address input and uploads
- Ongoing monthly/weekly/bi-weekly blasts featuring all business units
- Ongoing pre-arrival guest blasts
- Ongoing concierge pre-arrival guest blasts
- Special event blasts
- Supplemental rooms blasts
- PR agency initiatives and activities as appropriate including management of independent PR agency
- Approve outreach initiatives, press release content and distribution, etc.
- Research and respond to press questions and photo requests
- Organization and management of press fam tours
- Travel writer review and approval
- Field ongoing inquiries from individual sites, publications and writers for information, photos, lodging requests, etc
Social Media & Reputation Management
- Ongoing monitoring of all reviews on Revinate or similar aggregators.
- Ongoing administration and posting to the below sites but not limited to as per industry benchmarks
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Additional sites as applicable
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Hospitality or Marketing
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a sales & marketing leader, with prior resort experience.
- Proficient in managing/using sales automation & PMS systems.
- Experience working collaboratively with revenue management.
- Ability to leverage enterprise processes and systems to support compliance, identify trends and support execution of resort’s strategies
- Strong analytical skills, ability to identify relevant data and leverage to positively impact resort revenues.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence at local, regional and national level.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment