The Chef de Cuisine is responsible for leading, motivating and engaging the culinary team by executing the highest standard of culinary excellence, overseeing all food preparation for the restaurant. The Chef de Cuisine is also accountable for ensuring maximum productivity and cost-effectiveness through food and labour costing initiatives.
- A minimum of five years of culinary leadership experience in a similar dining environment
- Post-secondary education in Culinary Arts Management or similar
- Red Seal, Certified Chef de Cuisine designation Certification desirable
- Serve Safe Certification
- Must be knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team
- Strong business acumen
- Efficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Self-starter, flexible and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Human resources management skills such as: recruitment, selection, training, performance management
- Strong leadership skills
- Time management skills
- Must be able to hear well in a loud environment in order to respond to employee or guests.
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
- Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
- Manual dexterity required to use knives and kitchen appliances.
Enjoy leading a team? Passionate about quality food, service and employee engagement? Imagine yourself in a progressive restaurant environment that focuses on quality and service. With our client’s restaurant group you will work alongside industry leaders and talented professionals who are dedicated to service and quality, and enjoy doing what they do best. To support their philosophy of providing the highest level of distinctive and memorable dining experiences, they are meticulous about recruiting the most talented and passionate individuals to join their team and continue with them in their growth. Please contact Marc for more information about this exciting opportunity!