- Collaborates with business partners to ensure superior execution of business outcomes, with a focus to create a culture that supports business growth and sales generation.
- Responsible for providing strategic human resources advice as well as provide practical and tactical solutions to HR issues. Includes support to district leaders and store managers and/or employees on the interpretation of the HR policies and procedures.
- Provide HR counsel to business partners on performance management, including improvement notices and action plans, as well as termination procedures and requirements. Develops and recommends creative alternatives to resolve employee performance issues.
- Assess and build talent pipelines and workforce plans.
- Collaborate with recruitment resources responsible for:
- Determining Hiring Managers needs including discussing corporate salary range based on internal guidelines, developing recruitment sourcing strategies for open positions, pre-screening of candidates , co-ordinates interviews, contact with agencies where required.
- Facilitating assessments for eligible positions and supporting Hiring Manager in selection process.
- Prioritize and revolutionize engagement programs and retention strategies.
- Develops and facilitates surveys, analyzes data, identifies trends and recommends solutions to improve employee engagement, performance, recognition and retention.
- Develops (in conjunction with external vendors if required) and facilitates training programs related to orientation and onboarding, store operations, sales development, product knowledge and HR related subjects.
- Supports the planning and implementation for integrating new business units and stores.
- Provides support to HRC Managers and business partners on training various internal HR programs.
- Proactively develops and supports the delivery of HR Processes ensuring flawless execution.
- Responsible for providing high level of support and access of HR to management and employees.
- Actively identifies gaps, proposes and implements changes necessary to reduce risk.
- Responsible for Health and Safety on work related disability claims through providing employee relations support.
- Assists District Managers in conducting workplace investigations regarding discipline, work performance, attendance management and harassment.
- Assists the District Managers in investigating & reviewing involuntary separation requests, to ensure compliance with company policies, determine legal exposure to organization, and make a recommendation to business partner(s) on how to proceed.
- Manages HR communications.
- Provide project management for assigned HR projects as requested.
- Work collaboratively as a member of a dynamic operations team with a clear vision.
- Supports the organization’s compensation programs.
- Ensures accurate administration of all HR processes.
- Researches human resources best practices and any updates on federal and provincial legislation.
The ideal candidate has 5 – 7 years human resources generalist management experience in a retail setting and a university degree and CHRP certification. Proven experience in employee relations, recruitment, coaching, development, performance management, and conflict management and solid knowledge of provincial employment standards, human rights, and other regulatory requirements is required.